Doodle Bug (minikin) wrote,
Doodle Bug

  • Mood:

Recap of last week

My chess tournament post pretty much covered the weekend, so I can catch up by recapping the week.

I worked two nights, Wednesday and Thursday, for a total of only a little over 6 hours.

Wednesday was a Dee Dah Day: a friend in my Life Group got to officially adopt her son (whom she had been fostering for a year and a half). Mom and I joined her and family and other friends at the courthouse to witness the adoption, then we had an early dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. Critter picked Tigger up from school that day, and they joined us for dinner.

My new Palm battery came on Friday, and I have my replacement Treo up and running. I read an article online about problems with battery life for the 680, which boiled down to charge it right the first time. Since I had a new battery, I was conscientious about it. I charged it overnight Friday, then used it continuously until it ran down. Seven hours later. I synced it, played music on it, made phone calls, surfed the web, and played Bejeweled 2, to drain the battery.

Sometime during the week, I did a thorough cleaning of the family room, looking for the old battery, and then on Saturday, Critter vacuumed it for me. We've got a small amount of new accumulation on the coffee table, but it's otherwise quite nice in here.

When Mom was packing to go home, she unloaded the errand bag, and found the old battery. Sigh. I shall see if there is a way to test it for any ill-effects from the water, and then consider getting a charging cradle, which would charge the phone and the extra battery.

Tuesday night, we had a nice time with Ro and Knight over to watch the DVD from the Polynesian Cultural Center and a movie called Unconditional Love. Then Knight promptly came down with the flu on Wednesday. So far, no symptoms here, although Critter is at home today with yet another sore throat.

I was supposed to take Flar's car in for service and nearly forgot about it, but I got it dropped off on Thursday evening, and they promised it back this afternoon.

Critter has started a 16 hour review course for college board testing; his first seesion was Thursday evening.

Mom's visit was relaxing and fun. We had a good balance of going out to eat or see movies and staying in to relax. She kept up with the dishes for me, and did laundry while I was in Hawaii and when I got home.

Today, I'm catching up. I have laundry to fold and more to wash; I've already swept the jacuzzi and kitchen floors; I'm changing the cedar chips in the dogs beds, as they were all ready for a washing again; I've week of mail to sort and process; I've done the hand-wash for yesterday, but I still need to tackle the kitchen table; most of the mess in the bedroom and bathroom was laundry sorted in piles on the floor, but I want to change the sheets before Flar gets back. Spydie's coming over sometime after noon for a corset fitting, and then I have errands out on my way to pick up Tigger.

The dryer is buzzing and my excuse to sit has dwindled.
Tags: cleaning, dee dah day, errands, treo

  • Stuffed

    I’m living in utter luxury. I’m working at the federal building in Denver, and I found a nifty AirBNB (under the lodging per diem) just a block away.…

  • The air is the air

    While sleeping under a ceiling fan may not cause death, it can contribute to a dry air morning sore throat. I put up with the sore throat because…

  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender.

    Failure comes only to one unwilling to adapt and keep looking forward. My marriage ended last year. I’m not a failure at relationships; I’m now…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.