Doodle Bug (minikin) wrote,
Doodle Bug

Wednesday was another busy day

I usually get to spend all day Wednesday at home. I get all the laundry done, and various other home chores.

Today I was singularly unproductive. First thing, I drove Tigger to Sayre School for his admission testing. After I dropped him at TLS, I went to AAA for triptiks to Atlanta, and to Huntsville-Denton-Austin-San Antonio. Now I have a planning document for the trip in July, at the end of Space Camp. And Flar has a map for Gaucha to follow along, when they drive back from Atlanta on Saturday.

I didn't get home till after 11, and I was feeling pretty icky. I hadn't gotten enough sleep for running around, and I hadn't fed myself breakfast, which made things worse. Lunch didn't make a dent in my headache, so I tried to nap a bit. I couldn't sleep, so I cleaned up the candle holder to finish the bathroom project, and counted out new supplemets. Missing the first three days out so that I should probably have been taking them.

By then it was time to pick up the boys. I picked up Knight on the way back from school, so that we could drive him to the movie tonight. We had a quickie dinner, and while Knight was here, he got a look at the compression fittings. The contractors couldn't figure out how to use them, but Knight confirmed they were the right kind, and is willing to hook up the ice maker for us. All I need to do is get some pipe dope or plumber's putty.

Shrek 2 was really fun. I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD so I can slow down certain scenes.

After the movie, the plan was to move everything back into the pantry. The only problem is that many of the shelf supports were skewed, and Flar and I couldn't figure out how to take the shelves down to fix them. After some phone consultation, we worked out an alternate plan. The contractors are going to fix the shelves first thing in the morning, and I'm going to load the pantry myself.

We completely cleared off the kitchen table, marked off divisions in it, using masking tape, to correspond to sections of the shelving. Then we started carrying food into the kitchen, and sorting it into categories. By the time the boys went to bed, we had 12 sections of virtual shelving filled and labelled in the kitchen, and the countertop and one of the 6 foot shelves filled up in the dining room table cache. The hard part is the organizing, so my job tomorrow won't be awful. Flar and the boys will finish up whatever I couldn't figure out, while I'm at work tomorrow night.

Flar and I settled into the family room after that; I started up LJ and email et al, while Flar channeled surfed - landing on Monk.

Not so busy as Tuesday, but enough to feel crowded and make me cranky by the end of the day. Damn, but we had a LOT stored in the pantry...

  • Stuffed

    I’m living in utter luxury. I’m working at the federal building in Denver, and I found a nifty AirBNB (under the lodging per diem) just a block away.…

  • The air is the air

    While sleeping under a ceiling fan may not cause death, it can contribute to a dry air morning sore throat. I put up with the sore throat because…

  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender.

    Failure comes only to one unwilling to adapt and keep looking forward. My marriage ended last year. I’m not a failure at relationships; I’m now…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.