Doodle Bug (minikin) wrote,
Doodle Bug

Tuesday was a very long day

Near the end of it, i was in tears. Flar rescued me.

I started by getting up and taking the list that Flar made for groceries and turning it into a shopping tool, by rewriting it in order, and finding coupons for the trip.

I went to Lowe's for wood trim for the pantry, and compression fittings for the copper tubing. It's fun to shop at Lowe's that early in the day. Most of the other shoppers are contractors, who don't need help, so there are plenty of helpers for housewives like me.

I picked up Flar's cleaning, since that's in the same shopping center with the Kroger.

After I got the grocery shopping done, I drove out to the Fire Station way out in the country to vote. The drive took substantially longer than the actual process of voting.

Knight came over about the time I'd finished bringing in all the groceries, and helped me clean out the rest of the car, readying it for a supply run to Sam's. Once we were ready to go out, I got a phone call from the Spa Repair guy. He was going to have time to come out, so Knight and I had lunch while we waited. It turns out all he had to do was tighten the collar around the light lens cover. He left to go to another job while we filled the spa high enough to test the repair.

We made out the list for PWP paper goods after lunch, and the spa guy showed up exactly when the water was high enough. The repair worked, so all we owed was the service call fee of $75. Yay!

Before we went to Sam's, Knight and I went and picked up Critter's graduation present. When we were done at Sam's, we got caught in a heavy down pour going back to the car. It was fun, running in the rain, but my feet were cold later, driving in soaking wet canvas shoes.

By then it was time to pick up the boys. Car-line had been moved back to the school building due to the weather, and we had an extra passenger: Slackerboy. I had to pull off and rearrange the purchases, in order to clear a seat for Slackerboy.

When we got home, Flar and Knight and I discussed schedule for when Gaucha is here. That's when I figured out my brain has decided to go on vacation two weeks before school is out. All sorts of events are coming up, my PDA is dead and the backup model has calendar issues, and I'm losing track of when everything is happening.

Critter fixed dinner for us while we were still talking about stuff, then we changed to go to Tom Buford's election night party. That was pretty subdued, and I did the stand and nod thing, listening to a bunch "grass-roots" people talk.

We got home after the boys had gone to bed, and I got swept up in a wave of discouragement. Here it was, Tuesday night, but I didn't get just go and draw a bath: I still had the jacuzzi to fill and dose and I had the candles and shelves to clean and arrange and the tub to fill.

Wolf called me after the board meeting, actually as close to "on-time" for phone call as he's been recently, so the board meeting didn't really interfere. But, I still waiting for the spa to fill, and I was feeling down about not getting to have a bubble bath.

He talked to me while I worked though. Flar took over finishing up the spa so I could start in on the tub, which was really nice. Wolf stayed on the phone a goodish amount of time, keeping me company while I was cleaning, but I think I was just downright cranky. And when he rang off, I was in tears. Not so much from conversation -- just the absense of conversation meant being confronted with how much was left to do, and feeling overwhelmed.

I climbed upstairs and melted into Flar's shoulders. He was so sweet, he held me a bit, and then came downstairs and helped. He stood outside the tub; I stood inside it. We cleared off all the shelves, and he made suggestions for which candles to put where, and which to store away, and helped with cleaning off the candle holders, and getting replacement candles.

After we got all the bathtub surround settled, it only took a few minutes to clean the tub. We settled into bed by 1:30am. Like I said, a very long day.

Today I finished up the project by cleaning up the nine-votive holder that fits in the back corner.

  • Stuffed

    I’m living in utter luxury. I’m working at the federal building in Denver, and I found a nifty AirBNB (under the lodging per diem) just a block away.…

  • The air is the air

    While sleeping under a ceiling fan may not cause death, it can contribute to a dry air morning sore throat. I put up with the sore throat because…

  • Never Give Up. Never Surrender.

    Failure comes only to one unwilling to adapt and keep looking forward. My marriage ended last year. I’m not a failure at relationships; I’m now…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.