Doodle Bug (minikin) wrote,
Doodle Bug

  • Mood:

Friday I rested up for Saturday

Friday, I really didn't do a whole bunch of anything. I got to talk to Wolf at lunch and after work; both kind of short calls, though. I got to chat with Wolf in the evening, which was needful.

Tigger had Writer's Guild at school. This is where parents are invited to join their child in the library, to have him read to them the book he has written over the last few months. Tigger's class was writing Tall Tales this year, and his was about the Hungry Tim. I don't remember the whole thing, but Hungry Tim was responsible for creating the Great Wall of China, Ayres Rock, Mount Everest, Central Park, and many other landmarks. It was a very Tall Tale. :)

Flar and I drove together to school - which is kind of unusual, given then he has been so busy with meetings and all lately. He often has to meet me there, or go from school to a meeting. We got to talk about what's up with his various clients and such. We've been so busy at home that we haven't had a whole lot of talking time, lately.

I really don't remember doing anything particularly productive yesterday. I spent a lot of time reading Stranger in a Strange Land.

I picked up the boys early. If I waited until normal car-line, I would be able to get to the doctor's office by 3:30, so I picked them up before the canopy car-line kids were in the front lobby. Which meant that we got to the doctor's office early. And got seen early. The pharmacy didn't even take a lot of time. We were on our way home by 4:15pm. Woot!

I made chili-mac for dinner, and we watched Cheaper by the Dozen on the Satellite. Critter got a call from Slackerboy, who invited him to spend the night. I got to talk to his mom for a bit, to get the scoop on Slackerboy's short suspension. It seems that Slackerboy told a friend that when he "rules the world, he'll arrange for [the evil English teacher]'s house to be nuked." A goody two shoes in the class overheard the remark and reported it to said teacher. She insisted that Slackerboy be suspended. I don't know if it was her insistence, or Umbridge's idea, to require that he be evaluated by a phys professional (don't know whether counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist). Flakeymom is totally furious about the whole thing, and I was suitably sympathetic over the phone.

I spent a lot of time on Friday just vegging.

Today was the first half of a work weekend.

I got up and fed the dogs, since Critter had spent the night with slackerboy. After a small breakfast of just cereal, I got to work, clearing off the top of the jacuzzi, so that we could start the process of draining it and filling it. I got all the clothes folded and put away, and the drain hose attached to the jacuzzi. By then, Critter had gotten home and the boys and I bundled the dogs in the car for our appointment at Incredipet for the dog wash.

On the way back from Incredipet, we stopped at Spa Gallery for chemicals for the jacuzzi, and Sears, to make a payment I forgot to mail. We ate lunch when we got home, before starting in on cleaning.

I worked in the jacuzzi room all day. Tigger was my main helper - Flar tagged Critter as his. Tigger cleaned the windows around the jacuzzi and the slate shelf-surround. He also emptied out the sports closet. Unfortunately, we had had a small quantity of insulation in there (leftover from a jacuzzi repair), that mice had used for bedding. When Tigger emptied out the closet, various mouse nests rained down on him, and the fiberglass got him all itchy. So he got a shower break.

Flar spent most of the day working in the library, but he took a couple of breaks from that. Once to work with Critter on pressure washing the filters for the jacuzzi. And, once to plant the red bud trees. It was a nice wet day for new plantings. In the library, Flar built a support to level the sound components. Recent drought/flood cycles of weather are to blame somehow for the flooring in that corner of the library literally falling away.

Once he was through he had the components all put back together, and has declared most of them functional. I'm not sure I understand the complaint about the tape player, and the tuner part of the pre-amp doesn't work, but the turntable and CD player, as well as the distribution system, all seem to be working. Woot! There's still cleaning to be done, but the sound system was a daunting job.

Meanwhile, in the jacuzzi room, we now have a re-organized sports closet (which yielded a few ebayable children's goods, and a bunch of mouse-destroyed things), a clean jacuzzi, a vacuumed jacuzzi room floor, and a clean laundry sink. The coolers that used to crowd around the sink actually fit in the sports closet again.

The only down note was discovering that we (once again) have a leak around the light in the jacuzzi. I think it had to do with me providing point-weight when I got in there to clean it with the water out. Whatever the cause, I had to drain out the partial fill, and I've left the cover off of the equipment compartment for the repairman. I'll call tomorrow to see when I can get someone out to do the repair. On the bright side, I hadn't dumped any new chemicals in the water yet, so I didn't waste any.

We didn't stop for dinner until well after 8pm. Critter talked us into watching Cheaper by the Dozen again, because he left before it was over last night. I enjoyed watching it again. Dinner was originally to be enchiladas, but with such a late start, I postponed that meal, in favor of Baked Chicken, with Cheesy Julienne Potatoes, Rice-a-Roni Fried Rice and green beans seasoned with garlic butter.

After dinner, I tackled all the stuff from the sports closet that was intact, but needed cleaning because of the mice. It only took me about an hour. Flar came into the kitchen to keep me company while I was finishing up. I told him I was keeping the actual dish-washing until tomorrow, as well as the table. He observed that I had been working hard all day, and that I should spend the rest of the evening relaxing.

He said this at 11:49, so I laughingly thanked him for my 11 minutes of freedom. ;)

Then he helped me straighten the sheets before he piled into bed. I took a shower to wash the cleaning ick off of me (and possibly my own share of fiberglass). Then I came in to settle into my chair for email, LJ, and chat.

Tomorrow, I get to put away the various sundries that will go back in the sports closet, finish cleaning the kitchen, including vacuuming, and mop the jacuzzi room and kitchen floors. Meanwhile, Flar and the boys will be emptying out the portions of the pantry involved with repair work that will be done this week. Critter thinks tomorrow will be a day of rest by comparison with today. :) I hope to make enchiladas in the evening.

Now for reading...

  • Dogs in Transit

    They talked me into riding along to school today.

  • Thursday Twiddle

    Okay, so the thing with an all-day post done in pieces, is the mood and music tend to reflect the end of day. Done with that. Right now, color me…

  • A visit to the vet

    Yesterday, the very large mops got turned back into prissy little scotties. Flood got her nails trimmed. They all have soft, clean, extremely…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.