The rest of the items I finished:
- Emptied out the basket Flar left for me
- Found my power of attorney for a letter I need to send; still waiting on Flar to tell me what to put in the letter
- wrote the check for the carpenter - it's on a clip on the fridge
- Stamped a letter to mail
- Readied a Christmas card to write on the run
- Wrote a check for Critter's yearbook to drop at school today
Then I caught up on email and LJ and took this quiz:
YOU'RE KARAMEL SUTRA!
Which flavor of Ben n' Jerry's ice cream are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
I wasn't impressed by my answer on the Christmas Carol Quiz. I take Christmas seriously, but I don't behave the way they say that implies. I still do all the silly stuff, and I own a light-up reindeer headpiece.
I didn't get to post about yesterday, which was quite busy.
- Acquired a new passenger for Thursday bowling transportation
- Ate lunch
- Read the paper
- Picked up the boys
- Went to an informational meeting about the proposal for a Freshman School in Jessamine County
I was not alone in my dislike/contempt for the Freshman School idea. It appears to be revenue neutral, so money isn't an excuse. There seems to be disagreement about whether it would be beneficial or hurtful to the sports programs. There would be complications for freshman who take advanced classes. This would affect Tigger, but the program would not be in place during Critter's freshman year, if at all. I'm hoping that the overwhelming opinion against it will sway the Board of Education and the Local Planning Commission.
There's a penis on the front page of the Herald-Leader. They don't put pictures in the online version; I'm stunned that I can't see the penis in the picture of the 425-million year old fossil. I guess I just don't have a dirty mind today.
And, random thought for the day, triggered by conversation with Wolf - who by the way needs to remember 9 pounds, 3 ounces:
If # is the pound sign, then is there an ounce sign? I got distracted, looking in my HTML reference for &ounce; until I remembered that £ is the currency kind of pound.