I got out my pedometer and messed with it, to see if it really seems to work. I set the stride length on 7', and shook it 75 times. Sure enough, it read .1 miles. So now I'm wearing it. I'll report when I hit a mile of everyday activity. ;) I should get lots of mileage at Universal...
I actually worked outside! I got started while I was talking to Wolf on his lunch, and then continued, while listening to talk radio. (I even resisted the temptation to listen to my Anna Russell album before the trip.) Flar fixed a sandwish for me while he was eating lunch, so I could eat without any work once I got back inside.
The froggie is spitting at a healthy volume again. I didn't touch the moss, but I got rid of lots of stringy algae, mud, sticks, leaves and walnuts. I pulled apart the filter, pressure washed the innards and repopulated it with flakey goodness. Then I stuck the pressure washer into one end of the supply hose to blow out the muddy buildup, then put the filter bucket all back together and sunk it in the pond. The water was still quite muddy when I left it, but that should clear up in a couple of hours of running time.
I should pull the top screen from the filter and clean it again in a month.
I think I'll wait 'til we're back from Florida to buy new anachris, water hyacinth, and maybe a couple of fish.
There's lots of grass peeking through the sod area; I hope I cleared the tree debris soon enough for more to fill in. There's a chance of showers on Friday, so I'm going to work in the flowers gardens and spread grass seed tomorrow. Quitting now meant time to eat lunch, sort and fold laundry, and get out of here in time for some errands.
Monday - Pink
Tuesday - Orange
Wednesday - Yellow
Thursday - Green
Friday - Blue
The Weekend - Purple
( Collapse )
Raked yard and sidewalk at back door.
Cleaned out Water Garden
- Finish Laundry:
Fed the machines
- Sort clean clothes
- Fold & put away towels, linens & work towels
- Fold & put away my clothes
- Fold Flar's clothes
Washed and dry cloak material
- Bank: get cash for trip
- Radio Shack: pick up a universal car charger
- Wal-Mart: pick up embroidery floss for cloak, waste cloth & muslin
- Get car washed
- Clip & Sort coupons
- Take Tigger to first week of gymnastics class
- Help spydielives alter her dress
- Print double bowling forms
- Bowl; turn over records to Prez or Grace for next week
- Prepare soil for flowers by garage and back of house
- Spread flower seed and mulch by garage and back of house
- Spread grass seed and straw on bare spots in yard
- Take Tigger to optician: temple for his glasses came in
- Tigger cutting the balusters
- Lumber Yard
- Home Depot
- Pack for trip to Florida
- Print sign-out sheet and hand-out for Chess Club
- Chess Club
- Set all the clocks forward, so Flar won't be responsible for it.
- Pack the car
- Go to sleep early
- Drive to Macon
- Drive to Orlando